Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Favorite Character Questions

Somewhere between one and two years ago, I asked my followers on Tumblr to send me character questions. I was extremely frustrated with the surveys I was finding; they were either too basic or too vague. So I gave my followers this scenario:

You've just met someone, and you have five questions to decide what kind of relationship, if any, you're going to pursue with them. What do you ask?

Here are my favorites, which are now the first things I ask of my characters:

  • Name five things you are and five things you are not.
  • What do you consider the strongest force in the universe and why?
  • If you were the protagonist in a hero’s tale, where would your adventure take you?
  • If you found a magic lamp with a genie inside, what would you spend your three wishes on?
  • If you were going to fly to Neverland with Peter Pan, what would your happy thought be?
  • What is your favorite book?
  • What is your favorite music?
  • What do you do for fun?
  • What is art?
  • What is the meaning of life?
  • Do you believe in gods?
  • Do you believe in you?
  • Greatest fear, hope, pride, and shame?

Today's question: What's your favorite character development tool?

No comments:

Post a Comment