Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday of Things: Project!!

I work at Kohl's. Currently we're stocking our shelves with back-to-school gear. Mostly for college students, because they need the most stuff. (And you can sell them even more than they need because it's pretty stuff.)

Anyway, yesterday I got to work cleaning up the entire home department because that is the kind of brilliant thing that happens at department stores: one department gets three people to clean it up and half the store gets one. So I spent a lot of time staring at the gorgeous storage things.

Let me let you in on a secret. I. Love. Storage. I love things that hold more things. I love boxes and medicine cabinets and jars and even pill bottles. I've been known to hold onto those and use them for beads (it works). Considering half our accent subdepartment is made up of decorative shelves and cupboards, working there is like working in a donut store and not being allowed to sample anything. But the seasonal (aka dorm) section is even worse because I can use that stuff.

Long story short. I came home last night around 11:00 and informed my mom it's time to redo my room.

I have by now priced out just about everything I want. I'm still looking for a new desk, and haven't decided on the exact color we're going to paint my room, but I've settled on the new cushions and storage bins and all of that stuff. It's going to be a phenomenal room, and it's going to be all mine.

And it's going to save my parents some grey hair, because it'll mean I'm actually in my room, not just sleeping there at night and taking over the family room during the day.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment